- Please tell us your name.
- Are you Deaf? Hard of Hearing? Other?
Hard of Hearing- Bi Lateral- Moderate hearing loss
- What mode or modes of communication do you use?
Oral, Just learning Sign Language
- Please tell us about your experience in school. What schools did you attend for elementary school, high school and college? What did you like and dislike about those schools?
Graduated from Aurora High School, Wayne State College. Really had a great experience in both places. They were very good at working with you when you didn’t hear something. One key is though you have to take it upon yourself and talk with your teachers and professors about your disability.
- Please tell us about your work experiences. What is your current job? What other jobs have you held? What was your favorite job?
Current job is working at Aurora Public Schools as a Special Education Teacher. I have been here for 5 years. This is by far the best job and most rewarding job as I get to interact and impact students every day!
- Please tell us about your hobbies and interests.
Coaching Cross Country and Track, Hobbies are Running, Sports, being outside and spending time with my wife and daughter.
- Please tell us anything else you would like to share about yourself or your family. For example: Are other members of your family Deaf or Hard of Hearing? Are you married, do you have children?
I am Married, I have one daughter and one on the way! No other family member is deaf or hard of hearing. I was born with hearing loss due to nerve damage suffered from twin to twin transfusion. I ran Cross Country and Track and Field at UNK for 1 year. Applied for my Masters in Deaf Education.
- What advice do you have for children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and their families?
Please get involved within the deaf and hard of hearing community. You get to meet some awesome people with the same disabilities that you have. Also don’t let anyone take away from your dreams, go after them, show others that no matter what, you are no different than anyone else, you can do anything you put your mind to.