Fri, Jan 20|
In Person & Remote site options available
Time & Location
Jan 20, 2023, 6:00 PM – Jan 21, 2023, 3:00 PM
ESU #3, 6949 S 110th St, La Vista, NE 68128, USA
About the event
This event runs from 6 pm CST - 9 pm CST on Friday and from 9 am CST - 3 pm CST on Saturday.
What is ASTra Training?
- Introduction to special education
- Understanding laws, regulations, and agendas
- Special consideration for students who are D/HH
- Exploring eligibility for the IEP and 504 Plan
- Procedural safeguards and understanding your rights
- Assessment and evaluation
- Understanding IEPs including strategies and tools to help in IEP meetings
Parent feedback from prior trainings:
"Even with my experience working in SPED, I walked away with so many new learnings on how I can be an active part of my child's IEP. There were so many things from a parent's view that I didn't know I needed to know until I knew - then I wondered why I didn't go to ASTra sooner!"
"I attended the ASTRA training earlier this year and would highly recommend it for anyone who has a school-aged child.
The information I learned was invaluable and will assist me in ensuring that I am able to engage effectively in IEP meetings."
- An ASL interpreter will be available at the live site
- ASL and Spanish interpreters can be available at remote sites
- If you are interested in an ASL or Spanish interpreter please register and request one prior to January 6, 2022
- Overnight accommodations are available if you live over 50 miles from a live or remote site
- H&V Member - $20
- Additional family members - $10
- Nonmember or Professional - $40
*Scholarships are available if requested by January 6, 2023. Please email Shelli Janning at email@example.com to request a scholarship.
If you have questions, please contact Shelli Janning firstname.lastname@example.org
ASTra TrainingFrom $10.00 to $40.00Sale ended